As a radio station aimed at our local community we shall be aiming all our news gathering at local issues rather than national. (the BBC, ITV and Sky have the budget do it slightly better than us!)
So the emphasis will be on local news from the towns and villages within our concentrated broadcast area. The same will apply to What’s On coverage to encourage and support local community events throughout our area. We also hope that with the obvious global coverage through the world wide web, our station, can provide a link to home for the many people from our area that have emigrated abroad.
We hope to have an hourly news bulletin of local news and, of course, weather. With a County Councilor already amongst our team we will have up to date coverage of road condition and travel issues which will be of real value to our listeners.
THE LATEST NEWS FROM OUR AREA
- Police search former Taunton care home after reports of ‘intruders’
- Apprentice contestant Lottie Lion baffles rivals with 'powerful' team name suggestion
- Man dies after choking on pub lunch at West Country Toby Carvery
- Missing man Curtis Heslop found ‘safe and well’
- M5 delays: Swan pictured standing on the road closes carriageway
- Pedestrian bridge closed after beams found to be ‘decayed’
- Concerns over 'toxic dust' at site for 18 new flats in Bath
- Man in his 70s dies after crash with scaffolding lorry
- Power outage closes M4 motorway services
- Bath council explains why Christmas lights in the city have been put up in October
- Bath council justifies putting up Christmas lights in October
- Photos emerge of 'police and forensic teams' and star of new ITV crime drama in Bath
- Here's how you could work with the amazing animals at Longleat this year - or be its Santa
- Trust pulls out of school takeover due to lack of 'partnership working'
- Driver followed and beaten before his car is stolen in violent robbery in Frome
- Be on your guard if you get a message from Emma
- Police 'increasingly concerned' for missing man with Westcountry links
- Woman killed on train from Bath Christmas Market 'twice legal drive limit'
- Child found dead at Sidmouth home
- Somerset barber's campaign is taking dangerous knives off streets across UK